the miscellany chronicle

bit of this, bit of that

2.21.2007

I like to read craigslist personals. Here is one I found illuminating.

Heres the Truth! - 23

Reply to: pers-xxxx@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-21, 3:22PM EST


Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you're not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think 'at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch.' Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work.

www.myspace.com/jshrout


That is some excellent reasoning! I might encourage my friend to work some of these statements into her upcoming wedding vows.

I admit that I am a bit perplexed-- is this young man looking for marriage candidates (who are also fans of unvarnished 'honesty'), or is he just explaining the state of the world to women looking for love? You know, in case they were wondering?

I like meeting a married man, glancing at his ring, and then giving him a daring wink while saying, "hello-- your cock must work, mister presumably-stable moneybags! Well done."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home